Our philosophy is simple, stylish & sophisticated. Rocksalt provides the perfect exclusive reception venue in the Hunter.
With direct access to Newcastle harbour and having a luxury Motor Cruiser on call, we can provide transport across the Harbour from Honeysuckle Boardwalk, Lee Wharf.
Your perfect wedding day is simple to organise, you can do as much or as little as you would like.
White linen, gorgeous glassware, fine china & crystal beads decorate your tables. Beautiful bunches of flowers in white, cream & green are throughout. Fairy lights at night twinkle under the umbrellas for guests enjoying the alfresco promenade.
Picking you up at Lee Wharf and arriving at Rocksalt via Newcastle harbour in a luxury Motor Cruiser sipping a glass of Moet & Chandon is the perfect start to your special wedding celebration.
On arrival you will be welcomed with the groovy sounds of smooth jazz from Saxanova; your guests will be enjoying pre- dinner drinks and canapés.
Guests will enjoy a fine dining experience with wines to match & selected beers. Wedding cake can be served as dessert or with tea & coffee.
- Palm sugar glazed pork tenderloin on black sticky rice w` shredded coconut & sweet roasted chili
- Tian of fresh Australian king prawns w` avocado, cherry tomatoes, coriander & chardonnay dressing
- Silken gnocchi w` field mushrooms, browned sage butter, & truffle salt
- Seared scallops w`wild honey glazed pork belly on creamy cauliflower puree`& rocket coulis
- Confit of salmon w` salad of shaved fennel, green apple pearls, eschalot vinaigrette
- Lobster ravioli w` shellfish cream, black caviar & fresh tarragon
- ½ dozen A grade Sydney rock oysters, natural w` champagne vinaigrette
- Salad of poached organic chicken w` pickled bamboo, watercress, chervil dressing
- Wild barramundi fillet w` sticky pork ribs, spiced asian salad & sweet blackened chilli jam
- Crisp skinned atlantic salmon on blue swimmer crab cake w` dill cream & fresh asparagus
- Marmalade glazed confit of duck on potato latke w` salad of slow roasted beetroot & braised fennel
- Slow roasted beef w` honey, port & rosemary drizzle on fondant potatoes w` caramelised garlic
- Fresh herb & blue cheese risotto w` dry roasted walnuts, shaved greens
- Seared baby squid w` crisp prosciutto on sweet corn polenta cake & salsa verde
- Sesame crusted kingfish fillet w` crisp chick pea, carrot and cumin puree`
- Spiced Australian king prawns w` fine ratatouille on butter bean puree`& basil oil
- Tasting plate… selection of house made petit fours
- Or wedding cake served as dessert
Selection of 3 entrée and 3 main
All meals are served alternately, special menu requests are happily catered for.
Menu is subject to change
For something unique - Champagne Breakfast
Your choice of 3 of the following options to be served alternately to your guests at the table:
Pan seared mushrooms w` wilted spinach, soft French goat cheese and truffle oil
Seared sardines on avocado &blistered cherry tomato salsa, soft poached egg on toasted sourdough
Scrambled eggs w` smoked salmon, soft camembert, baby capers
Big breakfast, bacon, poached eggs, sausage, tomato & mushrooms
Traditional eggs benedict with double smoked ham, wilted spinach @ creamy hollandaise
Buttermilk pancakes w` honeyed walnuts, poached berries & mascarpone
Included in your wedding package
Transport across Newcastle Harbour from Lee Wharf by a luxury vessel
French champagne on board
4 hours of live music from Hunters premier party band, Saxanova
Cake cutting and serving
All table decorations and candles
White linen cloths and napkins
Canapés on arrival
Drinks on arrival
Personally selected 3 course fine dining menu
Tasting menu for 4 prior to wedding
Rocksalt does not charge a venue hire
Breakfast - 65.00pp
2 course - 155.00pp
3 course - 175.00pp
Cocktail - 120.00pp
- Under licensing laws we will not provide alcohol to under age guests, those guests obviously intoxicated or behaving in an inappropriate manner.
- The person responsible for the bar account will be informed if it is found necessary to refuse service and if we are required to ask intoxicated or inappropriate persons to leave.
- Rocksalt will make every attempt to ensure any persons asked to leave are transported to their next destination safely. A designated waiting area for transport is at the street side of the building.
- Last drinks will be served at 11.30pm, rocksalt requires by law that all guests have left our licensed premises by midnight.
- We request that guests respect our resident neighbours and leave in a quiet and orderly manner.
Wedding terms and conditions
- $500.00 deposit to be paid to confirm booking.
- Deposit is non-refundable if event is cancelled with less than 4 weeks notice.
- Cancellation less than 10 days prior will incur a 50% of estimated total costs.
- Minimum of 40 guests required for private booking.
- Less than 40 guests & requesting private booking costs can be negotiated.
- Numbers to be confirmed 5 days prior to event with catering costs paid in full.
- A valid credit card imprint is to be provided for bar & any additional costs.
- Account to be finalised at the end of the event.
- Personal cheques will not be accepted. Business cheques accepted by prior arrangement only.
- Clients are financially liable for any damage sustained to rocksalt whether by their own actions or the actions of their guests. Nothing is to be nailed, screwed or attached to any surface of the premises without prior permission from management. Cleaning charges will apply if deemed necessary.
- All decorations, table settings, floral arrangements provided by rocksalt remain the property of rocksalt and are not to be removed from the premises.
- Rocksalt practises the responsible service of alcohol. It is an offence to serve liquor to minors. Guests are requested to ensure that under age persons are not provided with alcohol. Our bar staff will refuse service to anyone who is intoxicated or behaving in an inappropriate manner and they will be asked to leave. We are not permitted to allow any alcohol to be removed from the premises.
- Band selection is subject to availability.
- Pricing structure may be altered if transport, accommodation or music requirements are changed.